On 22 June 2021, Honourable Alex Hawke, Minister for Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs included a number of skilled occupations on the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL). The addition of the new occupations to the list ensures critical occupations are filled and to continue creating jobs to assist in the economic recovery of Australia due to the impacts of COVID-19.
Occupations listed on the PMSOL receive priority processing regardless of whether the skilled worker is in Australia or overseas.
The following 22 occupations have now been added to the list, which brings the total PMSOL to 41 occupations:
- Accountant (General) (221111)
- Accountant (Taxation) (221113)
- Accountant (Management) (221112)
- External Auditor (221213)
- Internal Auditor (221214)
- Electrical Engineer (233311)
- Civil Engineer (233211)
- Structural Engineer (233214)
- Geotechnical Engineer (233212)
- Transport Engineer (233215)
- Mining Engineer (233611)
- Petroleum Engineer (233612)
- Surveyor (232212)
- Cartographer (232213)
- Other Spatial Scientist (232214)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (234611)
- Orthotist / Prosthetist (251912)
- Multimedia Specialist (261211)
- Analyst Programmer (261311)
- Software and Applications Programmers (261399)
- ICT Security Specialist (262112)
- Chef (351311)
A travel waiver exemption approval is still required for all temporary visa holders coming into Australia and visa holders coming into Australia will remain subject to quarantine arrangement at their own expense.
Our lawyers and migration agents are available to provide advice and assistance in relation to work visas and travel waiver exemptions.
Need assistance from an Australian Immigration Lawyer? Contact us today so we can help guide you
Nevett Ford Lawyers Melbourne
Telephone: +61 3 9614 7111
Visit our website: www.nevettford.com.au