Acting Minister Alan Tudge and Minister Simon Birmingham have announced various measures to support Australian tourism and agricultural sectors, including VAC refunds and VAC free applications for various visa subclasses.
VAC waivers will be available for the following visa subclasses:
- Visitors visa holders – overseas and with visas that expired or will expire between March 2020 and December 2021 will be eligible for VAC waiver for a new visa.
- Working holiday maker visa holders – unable to enter Australia or who left Australia early due to COVID-19 – eligible for a VAC waiver for a new visa.
- Temporary skilled visa holders – who have been unable to make initial entry to Australia, or who returned home due to COVID-19 – eligible for VAC waiver for subsequent applications.
VAC refunds will be available for the following visa subclasses:
- Prospective Marriage visa holders – visa holders unable to enter Australia before their visa expired due to COVID-19 related travel restrictions – eligible for refund of VAC.
- Seasonal and Pacific Island workers – who applied for visas before 20 March 2020 and were unable to enter Australia – eligible for refund of VAC.
Need Help and Assistance? Contact Us Today So We Can Help Guide You
Nevett Ford Lawyers Melbourne