Australian Capital Territory (ACT) – Nominations open for Subclass 190 visa & Subclass 491 visa
The ACT Skilled Migration Program 2021 is now open. There are NO changes to the eligibility criteria for ACT nomination and the Matrix scoring criteria.
ACT Critical Skills List January 2021
The ACT Critical Skills List was reviewed and updated on 11 January 2021. A comparison between the August 2020 and January 2021 Lists, showing occupations retained, added and removed has been provided by the ACT Government.
2020-21 Ranking and selection process
- Only Matrix with a nominated occupation on the ACT Critical Skills List January 2021 will be selected and, if ranked, invited to apply for ACT nomination.
- If your clients nominated occupation was removed from the ACT Critical Skills List January 2021, their Matrix will NOT be selected and will automatically lapse after six months.
- 457 / 482 visa holders who have a Matrix score of 60 plus points will be invited to apply for ACT nomination.
2020-21 Allocation of ACT nomination places
- Skilled Work Regional (subclass 491) visa – 598 places
- Skilled Nominated (subclass 190) visa – 702 places
Remaining allocation @ 1 January 2021
- Skilled Work Regional (subclass 491) visa – 552 places
- Skilled Nominated (subclass 190) visa – 452 places
The remaining 2020-21 allocation will be updated monthly.
Need Australian immigration law & visa assistance?
Contact us today so we can help guide you
Nevett Ford Lawyers Melbourne
Telephone: +61 3 9614 7111