The Australian Federal government has made a number of announcements in relation to Australia’s migration programs which makes for some interesting reading. Please find below some key information.
Partners, contributory parent and child visas – Onshore grants announced
From 27 February 2021 (inclusive) the following visas will be able to be granted while the applicant is in Australia, even though these usually require the applicant to travel offshore.
- Partner (subclass 309) visa
- Prospective Marriage (subclass 300) visa
- Child (subclass 101) visa
- Adoption (subclass 102) visa
- Dependent Child (subclass 445) visa
This temporary concession is for eligible applicants who are in Australia and are not able to travel offshore to be granted their visa because of COVID-19 travel restrictions.
The same concession will commence for eligible parent visa applicants on 24 March 2021:
- Contributory Parent (subclass 173) visa
- Contributory Parent (subclass 143) visa
- Parent (subclass 103) visa
Current processing timeframes for Parent visa applications would not be impacted by these amendments. Further details will be provided.
Looking for the best immigration lawyers in Melbourne & visa assistance?
Contact us today so we can help guide you