According to the Australian Human Rights Commission, one of the main causes of homelessness in Australia is domestic violence. For the victims of domestic violence, their immediate thought is to physically protect themselves. Protection should also include financial protection and the protection of confidential correspondences.
Australia Post Are Showing Their Support by Offering the Following Free Services to the Victims of Domestic Violence:
- Mail redirection for a period of up to 12 months; and
- PO BOX access for up to 22 months
This ensures that the safe location of domestic violence victims remain confidential and the privacy relating to incoming mail is also not tampered with or misused.
Below Is the Direct Link to Australia Post to Assist With This Application:
If You Are Concerned for Your Safety, You Should Contact the Below Helplines Immediately:
- 1800 Respect National Helpline: 1800 737 732
- Women’s Crisis Line (NSW): 1800 656 463
- Safe Steps Crisis Line (Vic): 1800 015 188
- Men’s Referral Service: 1300 766 491
- Lifeline (24-hour Crisis Line): 131 114
- Relationships Australia: 1300 364 277
If you have a family violence intervention order or safety notice, or if you have any concerns relating to the above, please do not hesitate to contact us for legal advice on 03 9614 7111.