The Subclass 491 is popular for many applicant as it is the only way to obtain Australian State or Territory Sponsorship. It is important to note however that if you are granted a Subclass 491 visa it will limit future Australian visa applications.
Unless you have held your Subclass 491 visa for 3 years, you cannot:
- Make a valid application for a subclass 820 (Partner) visa; or
- Be granted any of the following visas:
- Subclass 132 (Business Talent)
- Subclass 186 (Employer Nomination Scheme)
- Subclass 188 (Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional))
- Subclass 189 (Skilled (Independent))
- Subclass 190 (Skilled (Nominated))
- Subclass 858 (Distinguished talent)
Therefore, if your circumstances change within 3 years of Subclass 491 visa grant your options to progress to Australian Permanent Residency (PR) are limited and you will be required to return to a new temporary visa before moving forward with a PR application.
Need assistance from an Australian Immigration Lawyer? Contact us today so we can help guide you
Nevett Ford Lawyers Melbourne
Telephone: +61 3 9614 7111
Visit our website: www.nevettford.com.au