Government Gazette – C2020G00872 – Notice of Data Matching Program – Department of Home Affairs Visa 2020-21 to 2022-23 financial years, provides information on the data that will be acquired by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) from the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) for these financial years.
The data collected will include information on visa holders and applicants, sponsors, education providers and Registered Migration Agents. There is little change to the data previously notified as being shared by the two agencies.
This data is specified to include:
- Address history for visa applicants and sponsors.
- Contact history for visa applicants and sponsors.
- All visa grants.
- Visa grant status by point in time.
- Migration agents (visa application preparer who assisted or facilitated the processing of the visa).
- Address history for migration agents
- Contact history for migration agents.
- All international travel movements undertaken by visa holders (arrivals and departures).
- Sponsor details
- Education providers (educational institution where a student visa holder intends to undertake their study).
- Visa subclass name.
It is estimated that 10 million records will be obtained each financial year.
Need help and assistance? Contact us today so we can help guide you
Nevett Ford Lawyers Melbourne