All businesses considering nominating overseas skilled workers on Subclass 457 Temporary Work, Subclass 482 Temporary Skill Shortage or Subclass 494 Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visas, will now be required to advertise these vacancies on the ‘Jobactive’ website. In addition, the previous requirement of advertising to position on two (2) other websites will also continue. These new Labour Market Testing (LMT) requirements apply from 30 September 2020.
All advertisements must be publicly listed for at least four (4) weeks.
The new requirements for advertising may be summarised as follows:
- must be advertised on the Jobactive website, AND
- must be advertised on at least two (2) other job vacancy websites.
Details of Advertisement Required:
- the title and/or description of the position
- the skills or experience required for the position (qualifications and employment experience)
- the name of the business or recruitment agency (if business engaged a recruitment agency for LMT purpose)
- salary for the position if the annual salary is lower than $96,400 (specifying a salary range is acceptable, for example $80,000 to $90,000)
Duration of Advertisements:
- Four (4) months immediately before the nomination application is lodged.
- At least four (4) weeks from when the advertisement is first published
This change applies to all nominated occupations, not just those in the newly announced Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL).
This change applies to nominations made on or after 30 September 2020.
(Although our office is based in Melbourne, immigration is under the federal legislative framework and we can assist applicants based in or interested in any part of Australia.)